Nonprofit Library, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Policy.
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.nonprofitlibrary.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and, usage details.
We collect this information from the following sources:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
- From third parties (for example, from our business partners).
- INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information you provide us that we collect on or through our Website may include the following:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
- USAGE DETAILS, IP ADDRESSES, COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including the following:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, time spent on webpages, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
Some information is collected by us automatically. The information we collect automatically is statistical data. This statistical data helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to do the following:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Types of Cookies
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of NonprofitLibrary, LLC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by NonprofitLibrary, LLC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
When you provide your email to NonprofitLibrary you understand and acknowledge that you are subscribing to companies, including but not limited to CharityHowTo, NonprofitLibrary, and Nonprofit-Apps. Please note that you may receive communications, including but not limited to, emails, SMS/text messages, phone calls, and mobile application communications including push notifications, from any or all of these companies owned and operated by Us.”
We may also disclose your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NonprofitLibrary, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. When you provide your email and other personal information to Company, you understand and acknowledge that you are subscribing to Company’s group of companies, including but not limited to NonprofitLibrary, CharityHowTo, and Nonprofit-App. Please note that you may receive communications, including but not limited to, emails, SMS/text messages, phone calls, and mobile application communications including push notifications, from any or all of these companies owned and operated by Us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND ADVERTISING
- PROMOTIONAL OFFERS FROM THE COMPANY
If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by clicking unsubscribe from any email you receive from us or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected] This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- TARGETED ADVERTISING
If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by clicking unsubscribe from any email you receive from us or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to [email protected]
Please note that we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
- ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at [email protected] to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA)
In compliance with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
- In compliance with CCPA, NonprofitLibrary, LLC does not sell any Personal Information collected.
- In compliance with CalOPPA, our Website does not respond to “Do Not Track” (DNT) signals. However, some third parties may still be able to track your online activities. If you would like to opt out of this type of tracking, you can enable “Do Not Track” (DNT) in your web browser settings to stop future tracking.
- In compliance with California’s Shine the Light Law, California residents with an established business relationship with Us can request information from Us one (1) time per year about sharing their Personal Data with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like more information on California’s Shine the Light Law (California Civil Code Section 1798), please send an e-mail to [email protected]
- In compliance with California Business and Professions Code Section 22581, California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online websites, services, or applications are allowed to request and obtain the removal of content or information they have posted publicly. If You want to remove such data, You are a California resident, and You are under the age of 18, You can contact Us by sending an e-mail to [email protected] Please note that, like with any transmission of data on the Internet, Your request to remove information or content You publicly posted does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of said information or content, and that the law sometimes does not require or permit the removal of information or content under certain circumstances.
- DATA SECURITY
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and there are always risks involved in the transmission of information. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
Last Updated: June 2, 2022